Wednesday, May 15, 2013

SQL Server Reporting Services - rsReportServerDisabled error


SQL Server Reporting Services - rsReportServerDisabled error

A while ago I had to test a report created with SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services.  After installing Reporting Services and uploading the reports, went I attempted to access them I was shown the following error message.
Error rsReportServerDisabled : The report server cannot decrypt the symmetric key used to access sensitive or encrypted data in a report server database. You must either restore a backup key or delete all encrypted content and then restart the service
C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\80\Tools\Binn> rsactivate -r -c"C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL\Reporting Services\ReportServer\RSReportServer.config"
After which, everything worked just fine.

2 comments:

  1. Hi,

    I have similar problem but http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/sqlserver/en-US/64e902b4-57c3-4425-971e-1800e95bbebb/cant-find-rsactivateexe?forum=sqlreportingservices
    I can not find the rsactivate field.
    It seems that is not available on after RS 2005.

    Any idea how I can solve the same problem? I'm using 2008.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hello basuriya,
      rsactivate.exe is not there in SS2008 instead you can use rsconfig.exe for the problem you have reported.

      Delete