Thursday, October 3, 2013

"Cannot complete this action. Please try again" - Client Object Model

While using Client Object Model to access a list item I jumped into a strange error :) I should Say ! I went like "Cannot complete this action. Please try again" I reviewed the whole code and was blank at the end... I Googled whole day and found no option other than Thread.Sleep(toUnlimitedTime) as I tested :) At the end desperately  I reviewed my CamlQuery and there it goes!!! I missed adding </Query> ending tag in the query. And the error was gone :) Hard work Huh!!

Web web = ctx.Web;
            ctx.Load(
                web,
                website => website.Title,
                website => website.HasUniqueRoleAssignments);
            ctx.ExecuteQuery();
            List list = ctx.Web.Lists.GetByTitle("MyList");
            CamlQuery query = new CamlQuery();      
                string que = @"<View><Query><Where><Eq><FieldRef Name='Title' /><Value Type='Text'>xyz</Value></Eq></Where></Query></View>";
                query.ViewXml = que;
                SP.ListItemCollection coll = list.GetItems(query);
            ctx.Load(coll, items => items.Include(item => item,                                              
                                                  item => item.Id,
                                                  item => item.HasUniqueRoleAssignments,
                                                  item => item.DisplayName));
            ctx.ExecuteQuery();

 

1 comment: